Catholic Education Centre, West Leederville
An image of the Catholic Education Centre on Ruislip Street in West Leederville, an inner-city suburb of Perth, Western Australia. The buildings that make up the Catholic Education Centre were once known as the Home Of The Good Shepherd and were run by the Sisters of the Good Shepherd. The building in this image was constructed in 1908 as an 'Industrial Home' for juvenile female 'delinquents' and remained as this until 1979. The photograph shows the Gothic Revival style of much of the building, including a prominent square tower, buttresses, decorative pointed finials, lancet windows, and a large pointed arch window with tracery.
For the Romanesque arcading on another part of the building see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1112