Catholic Education Centre, West Leederville: Front Entrance

Dublin Core

Title

Catholic Education Centre, West Leederville: Front Entrance

Subject

West Leederville, Ruislip Street, Perth, WA, Western Australia, Catholic, Catholicism, Christianity, education, Sisters of the Good Shepherd, Reverend M. Gibney, Bishop, industrial home, girls, juvenile, juveniles, juvenile delinquents, delinquents, delinquency

Description

An image of the front entrance of the Catholic Education Centre on Ruislip Street in West Leederville, an inner-city suburb of Perth, Western Australia. The buildings that make up the Catholic Education Centre were once known as the Home Of The Good Shepherd and were run by the Sisters of the Good Shepherd. The building in this image was constructed in 1908 as an 'Industrial Home' for juvenile female 'delinquents' and remained as this until 1979. The semi-circular arches are in the Romanesque style, which as the style of ecclesiastical architecture popular in much of Europe prior to the 12th century Gothic style.

Creator

Carter, Bree

Date

2012

Rights

No Copyright

Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Files

Citation

“Catholic Education Centre, West Leederville: Front Entrance,” Medievalism in Australian Cultural Memory, accessed August 17, 2018, http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1107.