St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Carrick, Tasmania

Dublin Core

Title

St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Carrick, Tasmania

Subject

Anglican, buttress, Carrick, crenellation, Gothic, Gothic Revival, lancet window, Francis Russell Nixon, parapet, pointed arch, Thomas Reibey, St Andrew’s Church, school, Tas, Tasmania, tower.

Description

St Andrew’s Anglican Church is in the town of Carrick in northern Tasmania. The church was transformed from a schoolhouse by Thomas Reibey of Hadspen in 1845, who became its first minister and was later succeeded by his brother. The tower was added in 1863. St Andrew’s was consecrated by Tasmania’s first Anglican Bishop, Francis Russell Nixon. The stuccoed brick church is in the Gothic Revival style and features a pointed arched entrance and windows, and a square tower with crenelated parapets, buttresses, and lancet windows.

Creator

McLeod, Shane

Date

September 20, 2012

Rights

No Copyright

Format

Digital Photograph

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Files

Citation

“St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Carrick, Tasmania ,” Medievalism in Australian Cultural Memory, accessed December 15, 2019, http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1070.