St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Evandale, Tasmania

Dublin Core

Title

St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Evandale, Tasmania

Subject

Anglican, buttresses, church, Evandale, folly, Gothic, Gothic Revival, hall, lancet window, St Andrew’s Church, spire, Tas, Tasmania, tower, John Whitehead.

Description

St Andrew’s Anglican Church was built in 1871 using bricks from an earlier demolished church on the site, and it was consecrated in May 1872. St Andrew’s was built in the Gothic Revival style, including buttresses, lancet windows, and a square tower. The spire that tops the tower was known as Whitehead’s folly after the spire donor, John Whitehead. The weatherboard church hall at the rear of the church (photograph 3) has pointed arch windows.

Creator

McLeod, Shane

Date

September 13, 2012

Rights

No copyright

Format

3xDigital photograph

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Files

Citation

“St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Evandale, Tasmania,” Medievalism in Australian Cultural Memory, accessed April 25, 2019, http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1050.