Browse Items (105 total)

The Church of St John the Baptist, also known as St John’s Anglican Church is in the Sydney, New South Wales, suburb of Kirribilli. It was originally built as a church school and was designed by Edmund Thomas Blacket (1817-1883). It was built in…

The Church of St John the Baptist, also known as St John’s Anglican Church is in the Sydney, New South Wales, suburb of Kirribilli. It was originally built as a church school and was designed by Edmund Thomas Blacket (1817-1883). It was built in…

Christ Church St Laurence Anglican Church is at 812 George Street in the inner-city suburb of Haymarket in Sydney, New South Wales. The foundation stone of the church was laid by William Grant Broughton (1788-1853), Australia’s first Bishop,…

The former Mortuary Station is located behind Sydney’s Central Station in the inner-city suburb of Chippendale on Regent Street, after which it was renamed. The station was designed by James Barnet and completed in 1869. It was part of the Rookwood…

The former St Peter’s Catholic Church is in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The foundation stone for the red brick church was laid by Monsignor Gilleran in 1918 and the building was completed in 1923. St Peter’s was designed by architect…

This elaborate altar is in the Catholic Church of the Apostles is in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The foundation stone was laid in 1864 by Tasmania’s first catholic Bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The altar is in the sanctuary…

The Catholic Church of the Apostles is in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The foundation stone was laid in 1864 by Tasmania’s first catholic Bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The foundation stone for the tower and spire were laid by…

This wooden bird box was created by Cameo Alpacas and Garden Art, a company run by Pearl Anderson and Elod Gunther and based in Woodbridge in southern Tasmania. The bird box is a recreation of a medieval castle, complete with corner towers with…