Browse Items (86 total)

This stained glass window is one of many in the Cloisters of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. It is a memorial to Charles Henry Bromby (1814-1907), Bishop of Tasmania from 1864-1882. The tracery window features lancet windows of Sts Alban…

Stocatta School of Defence was established in Sydney, New South Wales, in 1998. The school teaches swordsmanship based on historical texts written between the thirteenth and nineteenth centuries. Weapons taught include Highland broadsword, English…

Kodak House is in the Elizabeth Street mall in central Hobart. The top of the narrow five storey building has two narrow ‘towers’ on each end with a crenelated parapet running between them. In the centre is a shield bearing a ‘K’. The upper…

The Archer family coat of arms was designed by William Henry Davies Archer (1836-1928), the second surviving son of William Archer, who established the Brickendon estate near Longford. The coat of arms was designed whilst William H.D. Archer was…

This memorial commemorating troops from Northern Tasmania who participated in the Boer War, referred to as the 'War in South Africa' on the monument, was erected in 1904. It can be found in City Park in the city of Launceston and was made by the…

The variety of Buffalo Lawn known as Sir Walter was developed in 1996. The logo for the associated company features a medieval knight wearing a helmet and armour riding a horse. The knight carries a lance and a shield, and the appearance of the horse…

This photograph shows the exterior of the Lands Titles building found in Queen’s Square, Sydney. The building was designed by government architect Walter Liberty Vernon and was completed in 1908 as the Registrar-General’s Department. The building…

British Medical Association House is located on Macquarie Street, Sydney. The building was completed in 1930 and was designed by Australian architects Joseph Charles Fowell and Kenneth McConnel. The building is in the Art Deco style and features six…