Browse Items (111 total)

The Alfred Ibbott (1844-1928) memorial window is in St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church in the Tasmanian town of Bothwell. The window (on the left in the photograph) is one of two lancet windows parrallel. The figures are framed by a…

The Uniting Church in the small town of Whitemore in northern Tasmania was formally a Methodist church. The simple brick building was designed by Launceston architect Percy Oakden (1845-1917) in the Gothic Revival style with buttresses, lancet…

The interior of St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury continues the Gothic Revival style of its exterior. The nave was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1840-02. Of…

The Window of Roman-era Saints is in the south wall of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. The large pointed arch window with stonework tracery is made up of three lancet windows with stained glass. Each lancet window features a Saint…

This wooden bird box was created by Cameo Alpacas and Garden Art, a company run by Pearl Anderson and Elod Gunther and based in Woodbridge in southern Tasmania. The bird box is a recreation of a medieval castle, complete with corner towers with…

St Mark’s Anglican Church is in the northern Tasmanian town of Deloraine. It was designed by William Henry Clayton (1823-1877) in the Gothic Revival style, in particular ‘Decorated’ or ‘Victorian Free’ Gothic. The…

This memorial board of the ‘St Andrews Memorial Endowment Roll’ is in St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. It was carved by the Tasmanian woodcarver Ellen Nora Payne (1865-1962) of…

These wooden bird boxes and bird cage were created by Cameo Alpacas and Garden Art, a company run by Pearl Anderson and Elod Gunther and based in Woodbridge in southern Tasmania. The bird cage on the right is in the Gothic style that was commonly…