Browse Items (8 total)

St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) is opposite the Village Green in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. The foundation stone was laid in 1836 by Lieutenant George Arthur (1784-1854) and the sandstone brick church was first used in 1841.…

Baptist City Church in the Tasmanian city of Launceston was built as Christ Church Congregational Church between 1883 and 1885. The brick and cement building was designed by Melbourne architects Grainger & D’Ebro. It is in the Gothic style…

A view of Beehive Corner at the Western end of Rundle Mall in Adelaide, South Australia. This historic corner site was originally owned by John Rundle and has been known as ‘Beehive Corner’ since the 1840s. The Federation Gothic style building…

A view of Beehive Corner at the Western end of Rundle Mall in Adelaide, South Australia. This historic corner site was originally owned by John Rundle and has been known as ‘Beehive Corner’ since the 1840s. The Federation Gothic style building…

A photograph of St Andrew’s Cathedral in Sydney that most likely dates from between 1920 and 1925. St Andrew’s Cathedral is located on George Street in Sydney and is part of the Town Hall group of buildings. It is the oldest cathedral in…

A photograph of St Andrew’s Cathedral in Sydney dating from c.1895. St Andrew’s functions as the seat of the Anglican Archbishop of Sydney and is the oldest cathedral in Australia. Construction of the cathedral was completed in 1868, and it was…

An image of the Perth Town Hall.

Construction of the Perth Town Hall began in 1867, and the building was officially opened in 1870. Upon the order of Governor Hampton the Town Hall was built as part of a Public Works programme that utilised…

The Western facade of St Mary's Cathedral was finally completed during the third and most recent stage of development and expansion in 2009. The 2009 completion of the cathedral is particularly evident in the two towers flanking the church entrance,…