Browse Items (3 total)

St Gertrude’s College, New Norcia. St Gertrude’s opened in 1908 and originally functioned as a convent boarding school for girls. It was staffed by Josephite sisters, the first of whom were sent to New Norcia by Mary Mackillop at the…

This black and white photograph held by the State Library of New South Wales dates from c.1859. Taken by John Smith during the construction of The University of Sydney, it depicts stone masons at work carving the gargoyles. This is taking place…