Browse Items (8 total)

The Priest House is in the small rural Western Australian town of Mullewa was designed by Monsignor John Cyril Hawes as his personal accommodation. The stone house was built in 1929-1930 after the adjacent church of Our Lady of Mt Carmel and Sts…

These photographs are of advertising for the Extraordinary Stories exhibition at the Perth branch of the Western Australian Museum. The signs feature a photograph of a queen piece from the twelfth century Isle of Lewis chess set found in modern-day…

A photograph of the Government Geology building/former Library, now a wing of the Western Australian Museum – Perth. The building was completed in 1902 and was designed by Government architect John Grainger. It was built to blend in with the…

One of two photographs of the Jubilee Building that now acts as a wing of the Western Australian Museum – Perth. The brick and stone building was designed by Government architect George Temple-Poole and opened in 1897, originally housing the…

One of two photographs of the Jubilee Building that now acts as a wing of the Western Australian Museum – Perth. The brick and stone building was designed by Government architect George Temple-Poole and opened in 1897, originally housing the WA…

A photograph of the former Fire Station, now a museum, in Murray Street, Perth. The limestone and tile station was designed by Cavanagh and Cavanagh and built in the early twentieth century. The building is an example of the Federation Romanesque…

A photograph of the former Fire Station, now a museum, in Murray Street, Perth. The limestone and tile station was designed by Cavanagh and Cavanagh and built in the early twentieth century. The building is an example of the Federation Romanesque…

An article on page 8 of the Melbourne newspaper The Argus on September 9, 1922. The article corrects a previous article in The Argus that reported, based on accounts in American newspapers, that a Viking warrior had been found frozen in an iceberg…