Browse Items (10 total)

St Gertrude’s College, New Norcia. St Gertrude’s opened in 1908 and originally functioned as a convent boarding school for girls. It was staffed by Josephite sisters, the first of whom were sent to New Norcia by Mary Mackillop at the…

This small round window above the altar in the New Chapel at New Norcia bears the Cross of St Benedict in stained glass. A cross dominates almost the entire frame surrounded by the letters C. S. P. and B. These letters denote the Latin phrase…