Browse Items (147 total)

This stained glass window is one of many in the Cloisters of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. It is a memorial to Charles Henry Bromby (1814-1907), Bishop of Tasmania from 1864-1882. The tracery window features lancet windows of Sts Alban…

St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart, was designed by English architect George Frederick Bodley (1827-1907)in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style, with further revisions in 1891. As the foundation stone for the Cloisters and Tower were not laid…

St Luke’s Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. Built by the government under the direction of Lieutenant Governor George Arthur (1784-1854), St Luke’s originally held combined services for Anglicans and Presbyterians,…

The square bell tower of St David’s Cathedral, Hobart, was completed in 1936 after the foundation stone had been laid in 1892. The cathedral was designed in 1865 by English architect George Frederick Bodley (1827-1907), and the tower may have…

St Mary’s College is a day school for girls is located beside St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral in Hobart, Tasmania. The opening of the college was instigated by Bishop Daniel Murphy (1815-1907) in 1866 when he invited his sister Mother Superior…

The building of St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral, Hobart, Tasmania, was instigated by Tasmania’s first Catholic bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The building was designed by William Wardell and built between 1860 and 1866,…

The building of St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral, Hobart, Tasmania, was instigated by Tasmania’s first Catholic bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The building was designed by William Wardell and built between 1860 and 1866,…

The foundation stone for the Convict Church at the former penal settlement of Port Arthur, Tasmania, was laid by Lieutenant Governor George Arthur (1784-1854) in 1836. The church was possibly designed by the Deputy Commissariat Officer Thomas…