Browse Items (147 total)

The former Metropolitan Gas Company building is located at 194 Flinders Street in the Melbourne CBD. It is opposite St Paul’s Anglican Cathedral and was designed by Reed, Smart and Taplin in the Gothic Revival Style to harmonize with the Cathedral.…

The former Mortuary Station is located behind Sydney’s Central Station in the inner-city suburb of Chippendale on Regent Street, after which it was renamed. The station was designed by James Barnet and completed in 1869. It was part of the Rookwood…

The Dragon’s Realm are both a re-enactment group and a retail store based in the northern Tasmanian city of Burnie. The store opened in 2006 and is located in the CBD in a former church built in the Gothic Revival style with buttresses and…

St Matthew’s Roman Catholic Church is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The sandstone church originally opened in 1876 but it has rebuilt in 1928 following a fire the previous year. It is in the Gothic Revival style with buttresses, lancet…

This (Former) Congregational Church is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The local sandstone church was opened in 1876 by Rev. J. Shiphird and replaced an earlier chapel. It is in the Gothic Revival style with buttresses, lancet windows, a…

An image of the Catholic Education Centre on Ruislip Street in West Leederville, an inner-city suburb of Perth, Western Australia. The buildings that make up the Catholic Education Centre were once known as the Home Of The Good Shepherd and were run…

The Blue Place is a community hall housed in a former Presbyterian Church in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The timber church was built in 1886 on land donated by James Hadden (d. 1911), whose mother Jane had been a Presbyterian convict…

St Mary’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The foundation stone for the sandstone church was laid in 1839 and it opened in 1844. It is thought that the church was designed by the convict architect James…