Browse Items (12 total)

The former St Peter’s Catholic Church is in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The foundation stone for the red brick church was laid by Monsignor Gilleran in 1918 and the building was completed in 1923. St Peter’s was designed by architect…

This two-storey Federation-era weatherboard house in the Launceston suburb of West Launceston has a corner tower topped by a crenelated parapet.

This house in Launceston, Tasmania, includes Gothic features. In particular, the steeply pitched roof and pointed-arch windows are Gothic in style. Gothic architecture began in Europe during the twelfth century.

This fortified house can be found on the road between Launceston and Lillydale in northern Tasmania. The single level stone fortifications are attached to a farmhouse and include round towers linked by a wall, all of which have a crenelated parapet.…

These two photographs are of a house with the appearance of a castle on Invermay Road in the Launceston suburb of Invermay. The house features extensive crenellation on both the main house and extensions, an entry porch, and lancet windows which were…

The Priest House is in the small rural Western Australian town of Mullewa was designed by Monsignor John Cyril Hawes as his personal accommodation. The stone house was built in 1929-1930 after the adjacent church of Our Lady of Mt Carmel and Sts…

One of three photographs of a house in East Devonport built in the Gothic Revival architectural style. Gothic features of the house include the arched windows and steeped pitch of the roof. This photograph shows one of the gothic-style windows, which…