Browse Items (58 total)

The Wilmot Arms Inn is a B&B in a former coaching inn built in 1844 in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The business uses the Wilmot coat of arms, or family crest, in their advertising. The family crest consists of a late medieval helmet with…

The Window of Roman-era Saints is in the south wall of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. The large pointed arch window with stonework tracery is made up of three lancet windows with stained glass. Each lancet window features a Saint…

The Window of Old Testament is in St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. It was created by the firm Burlison and Grylls in London and installed in 1872. The window is made up of three lancet windows with a figure in each: King David, King…

The Keith Sydney Isles (1902-1977) memorial window is in St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. The window is made up of three lancet windows with a figure in each. The figure in the tall central window is a knight in late medieval armour and…

This large stained glass window featuring three figures from the Old Testament is on the northern wall of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. It was created by the firm Burlison and Grylls and installed in the Cathedral in 1872. Each of the…

The Archer family coat of arms was designed by William Henry Davies Archer (1836-1928), the second surviving son of William Archer, who established the Brickendon estate near Longford. The coat of arms was designed whilst William H.D. Archer was…

This memorial commemorating troops from Northern Tasmania who participated in the Boer War, referred to as the 'War in South Africa' on the monument, was erected in 1904. It can be found in City Park in the city of Launceston and was made by the…

Holy Trinity Anglican Church is in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The church was designed by local architect Alexander North (1858-1945) and consecrated in 1902. The brick building is in the Gothic Revival style and features numerous…