Browse Items (10 total)

The Blue Place is a community hall housed in a former Presbyterian Church in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The timber church was built in 1886 on land donated by James Hadden (d. 1911), whose mother Jane had been a Presbyterian convict…

St Andrew’s Anglican Church was built in 1871 using bricks from an earlier demolished church on the site, and it was consecrated in May 1872. St Andrew’s was built in the Gothic Revival style, including buttresses, lancet windows, and a square…

An image of St. Patrick's Hall, which is located on South Street alongside St. Patrick's Catholic Church in the town of York, Western Australia. Originally built and dedicated as a mission church on St. Patrick's Day in 1859, it soon became apparent…

An image of Bonython Hall at The University of Adelaide in South Australia. Bonython Hall is a neo-gothic building that was constructed from Murray Bridge limestone between 1933 and 1936. The entrance facing North Terrace features three large…

A close-up image of decorative stonework at the entrance to Bonython Hall at The University of Adelaide in South Australia. Bonython Hall is a neo-gothic building that was constructed from Murray Bridge limestone between 1933 and 1936. The entrance…

An image of Bonython Hall at The University of Adelaide in South Australia. Bonython Hall is a neo-gothic building that was constructed from Murray Bridge limestone between 1933 and 1936. The entrance facing North Terrace features three large…

An image of Bonython Hall at The University of Adelaide in South Australia. Bonython Hall is a neo-gothic building that was constructed from Murray Bridge limestone between 1933 and 1936. The entrance facing North Terrace features three large…

In this article from a regular children’s column in the Sunday Times called “The Girls and Boys Club”, a standard and idealised description of medieval manor houses is provided. According to the author, a fifteenth-century manor house was a…