Browse Items (3 total)

St Andrew’s Anglican Church was built in 1871 using bricks from an earlier demolished church on the site, and it was consecrated in May 1872. St Andrew’s was built in the Gothic Revival style, including buttresses, lancet windows, and a square…

This pigeon tower, or dovecote, is located on the banks of Macquarie River on a property owned by Burlington Farming Pty Ltd near the northern Tasmanian town of Cressy. The tower was originally part of the adjoining Panshanger Estate and was built in…

The 1949 article ‘Tasmania’s Historic Towers’ by M.S.R. Sharland appeared in the Hobart, Tasmania, based newspaper The Mercury. The article discusses a number of stand-alone towers in Tasmania, including two medieval-styled…