Browse Items (16 total)

The Alfred Ibbott (1844-1928) memorial window is in St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church in the Tasmanian town of Bothwell. The window (on the left in the photograph) is one of two lancet windows parrallel. The figures are framed by a…

The Window of Roman-era Saints is in the south wall of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. The large pointed arch window with stonework tracery is made up of three lancet windows with stained glass. Each lancet window features a Saint…

This memorial board of the ‘St Andrews Memorial Endowment Roll’ is in St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. It was carved by the Tasmanian woodcarver Ellen Nora Payne (1865-1962) of…

The Ashurst Memorial Window is in the west wall of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. It was created by the firm Burlison and Grylls in London and installed in 1872. The window is made up of three lancet windows with a figure in each: Adam,…

Holy Trinity Catholic Church is in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. The building of the bluestone church began in 1869 under the direction of the town’s first resident Catholic priest, Father James Hogan (1825-1899), who had arrived in 1850.…

The building of St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral, Hobart, Tasmania, was instigated by Tasmania’s first Catholic bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The building was designed by William Wardell and built between 1860 and 1866,…

St Joseph’s Catholic Church is on the corner of MacQuarie and Harrington Streets in Hobart, Tasmania. The foundation stone for the sandstone church was laid in 1840 and it was opened by Fr. John Joseph Therry (1790-1864) on Christmas day, 1841.…

One of two photographs of the Jubilee Building that now acts as a wing of the Western Australian Museum – Perth. The brick and stone building was designed by Government architect George Temple-Poole and opened in 1897, originally housing the WA…