Browse Items (7 total)

The Abbotsford Convent, located in the inner city Melbourne suburb of Abbotsford, operated as a convent, reformatory and Magdalen Asylum from 1863 until the mid-1970s. The convent was run by the Sisters of the Good Shepherd, a Catholic religious…

The Bell Tower from the former Loreto Convent in Claremont was designed by Reginald Summerhayes and built in 1937. It was rebuilt with the original bricks at its present inner-city site in Northbridge in 1991 after the Loreto Convent and school site…

This work was gifted to the Art Gallery of South Australia in 1960 by Mrs R.A. Haste. It is a line-block reproduction on paper depicting a scene from Thomas Malory’s fifteenth-century canonical Arthurian text Le Morte d’Arthur. Upon hearing of…

An image of the Sisters of Mercy convent located next to St. Patrick's Convent School on South Street in York, Western Australia.

It was built in 1868 and was originally used as a presbytery by Father Patrick Gibney before the arrival of the…

An image of St. Patrick's Convent School located on South Street in York, a town ninety minutes south east of Perth in Western Australia.

The school was built in 1873 by Father Patrick Gibney for the Sisters of Mercy. The Sisters of Mercy taught…

An image of the vaulted ceiling of St. Patrick's Convent School located on South Street in York, a town ninety minutes south east of Perth in Western Australia.

The school was built in 1873 by Father Patrick Gibney for the Sisters of Mercy. The…

An image of Stella Maris College in Geraldton. The purpose-built college for the Geraldton Presentation Sisters was completed in 1912, after the foundation stone had been laid by Bishop William Kelly in 1911. The building was designed by Mother…