Browse Items (7 total)

The former Mortuary Station is located behind Sydney’s Central Station in the inner-city suburb of Chippendale on Regent Street, after which it was renamed. The station was designed by James Barnet and completed in 1869. It was part of the Rookwood…

St Mark’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The ashlar stone church was built between 1839 and 1841 by Joseph Moir and the foundation stone (no longer visible) is thought to have been laid by Governor…

St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847) in 1839…

This monument to William Bedford (1781-1852) is situated in St David’s Park (previously a cemetery), Hobart. Bedford was arrived in Hobart in 1823 and became the senior chaplain of St David’s Church, the main Church of England church in…

A monument to Sir John Eardley Wilmot (1783-1847) is situated in St David’s Park (previously a cemetery), Hobart. Wilmot was Lieutenant-Governor of Van Diemen’s Land (ie. Tasmania) between 1843 and 1847 and died of an undiagnosed illness after…

Carr Villa Memorial Park is the largest cemetery in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. It features an impressive Entrance Chapel built in 1938 in the Gothic Revival style. The red brick building has pointed arch doorways and windows, buttresses, and…

Carr Villa Memorial Park is the largest cemetery in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. It features an impressive Entrance Chapel built in 1938 in the Gothic Revival style. The red brick building has pointed arch doorways and windows, buttresses, and…