Browse Items (10 total)

St Matthew’s Roman Catholic Church is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The sandstone church originally opened in 1876 but it has rebuilt in 1928 following a fire the previous year. It is in the Gothic Revival style with buttresses, lancet…

The current Uniting Church in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury was built as a Methodist Church. Building commenced in 1865 and it was completed in March 1867. It was designed by the Melbourne architectual firm (Thomas) Crouch and (Ralph) Wilson.…

St Patrick’s Catholic Church is in the village of Colebrook, Tasmania. The sandstone building was built in 1855-7 under the supervision of architect Frederick Thomas from a detailed scale model made by the English architect Augustus Welby…

St James of Jerusalem Anglican Church is in the village of Colebrook, Tasmania. The sandstone building was built in 1884 in the Gothic Revival style with pointed arch doorways, a bellcote, and lancet windows. Jerusalem is the former name of…

The West Tamar Presbyterian Church, commonly referred to as the Auld Kirk (Scots for old church), is located on the banks of the Tamar River in the small Tasmanian town of Sidmouth. Construction of the church began in 1843 with the support of the…

(Old) Launceston State School is on Paterson Street in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The brick building is in the Gothic Revival style and features a bellcote, lancet windows, tracery, and buttresses. The building is now a Launceston College…

Consecrated and renamed St James Anglican Church in 1926, this building is in Franklin Village, Tasmania, was originally known as Franklin Village Chapel and is on what used to be the main road between Hobart and Launceston. The rendered brick chapel…

This photo is of St Mary’s Anglican Church in the City of Busselton in the south-west of Western Australia. Building of the church began in 1844 and it was consecrated in 1848, possibly making it the oldest stone church in the state. The limestone…