Browse Items (23 total)

St Mark’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The ashlar stone church was built between 1839 and 1841 by Joseph Moir and the foundation stone (no longer visible) is thought to have been laid by Governor…

The main entrance to St David’s Cathedral is on Murray Street, Hobart. The cathedral was designed by English architect George Frederick Bodley (1827-1907) in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. The foundation stone was laid in 1868 by Prince…

A view of Flinders Street Station, located at the intersection of Flinders Street and Swanston Street in Melbourne’s CBD. Flinders Street station was designed by architects James Fawcett and HCP Ashworth, who won a competition to re-design the…

A view of a traceried gothic window at Scot’s Church on Collins Street in central Melbourne. Above the window, an arcade of lancet arches lines the gable. A number of other slender lancet windows and examples of decorative blind tracery are…

A view of a traceried gothic window at Scot’s Church on Collins Street in central Melbourne. Above the window, an arcade of lancet arches lines the gable. A number of other slender lancet windows and examples of decorative blind tracery are…

A view of Scot’s Church located on Collins Street in central Melbourne. The church was built in a decorated Gothic Revival style to the design of architectural firm Reed & Barnes. It is constructed from Barrabool Hills freestone with sandstone…

A view of Scot’s Church located on Collins Street in central Melbourne. The church was built in a decorated Gothic Revival style to the design of architectural firm Reed & Barnes. It is constructed from Barrabool Hills freestone with sandstone…

The photograph shows a building at the former Hutchins School in Hobart, Tasmania. Although this building is sympathetic to the main 1849 building on the site designed by William Archer, this building was a later addition and does not feature in an…