Browse Items (3 total)

A monument to Sir John Eardley Wilmot (1783-1847) is situated in St David’s Park (previously a cemetery), Hobart. Wilmot was Lieutenant-Governor of Van Diemen’s Land (ie. Tasmania) between 1843 and 1847 and died of an undiagnosed illness after…

The former St Mary’s Hospital is on the corner of Davey Street and Salamanca Place, at the rear of Parliament House, in Hobart, Tasmania. Designed by William Porden Kay (1809-1870), it was built as a private sixty bed hospital for Dr Edward Samuel…

The current Government House of Tasmania, the third in Hobart, was designed by the Director of Public Works William Porden Kay and built between 1855 and 1857 in the Gothic Revival style. Governor Henry Fox Young took up residence on January 2, 1858.…