Browse Items (4 total)

The small brick chapel with a shingle roof on Brickendon Estate, near Longford, is dated by its stained glass windows to the 1850s. It is in the centre of the farm village and was built for the religious observances of the farm workers and their…

The Archer family coat of arms was designed by William Henry Davies Archer (1836-1928), the second surviving son of William Archer, who established the Brickendon estate near Longford. The coat of arms was designed whilst William H.D. Archer was…

The photograph shows a building at the former Hutchins School in Hobart, Tasmania. Although this building is sympathetic to the main 1849 building on the site designed by William Archer, this building was a later addition and does not feature in an…

The Masonic Club of Tasmania is one of a number of heritage buildings along Hobart’s Macquarie Street. It was originally built as Hutchins School between 1847 and 1849, and was designed by the Tasmanian-born architect William Archer. The bluestone…