Browse Items (197 total)

St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847) in 1839…

The Wilmot Arms Inn is a B&B in a former coaching inn built in 1844 in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The business uses the Wilmot coat of arms, or family crest, in their advertising. The family crest consists of a late medieval helmet with…

This elaborate altar is in the Catholic Church of the Apostles is in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The foundation stone was laid in 1864 by Tasmania’s first catholic Bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The altar is in the sanctuary…

The horizontal retort building is one of a number of derelict buildings on the former Launceston Gasworks site in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The brick with sandstone edging building was completed in 1860. The building includes…

The Catholic Church of the Apostles is in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The foundation stone was laid in 1864 by Tasmania’s first catholic Bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The foundation stone for the tower and spire were laid by…

The Catholic Church of the Apostles is in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The foundation stone was laid in 1864 by Tasmania’s first catholic Bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The foundation stone for the tower and spire were laid by…

St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart was designed by English architect George Frederick Bodley (1827-1907) in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. The foundation stone was laid in 1868 by Prince Alfred, the Duke of Edinburgh, and the nave was…

This East Window is in St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. The window is above the altar and reredos in the Sanctuary of the Gothic Revival church. The Sanctuary was completed in 1888 and…