Browse Items (20 total)

The Blue Place is a community hall housed in a former Presbyterian Church in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The timber church was built in 1886 on land donated by James Hadden (d. 1911), whose mother Jane had been a Presbyterian convict…

The former St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. The church is in the Romanesque Revival style and is one of the earliest remaining Romanesque Revival buildings in Australia. The style is evident in…

The former St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847)…

St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847) in 1839…

St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church is in thesmall town of Bothwell in Tasmania. It was built from 1887 and consecrated in 1891 after disputes between the towns Anglican and Presbyterian congregations made the continued sharing of St…

St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. It was built from 1887 and consecrated in 1891 after disputes between the towns Anglican and Presbyterian congregations made the continued sharing of St…

St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. It was built from 1887 and consecrated in 1891 after disputes between the towns Anglican and Presbyterian congregations made the continued sharing of St Luke’s…

St Luke’s Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. Built by the government under the direction of Lieutenant Governor George Arthur (1784-1854), St Luke’s originally held combined services for Anglicans and Presbyterians,…