Browse Items (105 total)

St Augustine’s Catholic church is in Melbourne’s CBD. It was designed by T.A. Kelly and built by Reid and Stewart. The bluestone church was completed in 1870, with an extension to the tower made in 1936 and the sacristy was added in 1965. The…

St Paul’s Anglican Cathedral is in Melbourne’s CBD. It was designed by English architect William Butterfield (1814-1900) and was consecrated in 1891, the foundation stone having been laid in 1880. The sandstone church was built in the Gothic…

This branch of the ANZ Bank is inside what is known as the ANZ Gothic Bank on the corner of Queen and Collins Streets in Melbourne, Victoria. The building was designed by William Wardell (1823-1899) and built as the English, Scottish & Australian…

St Augustine’s Catholic church is in Melbourne’s CBD. It was designed by T.A. Kelly and built by Reid and Stewart. The bluestone church was completed in 1870, with an extension to the tower made in 1936 and the sacristy was added in 1965. The…

The former Metropolitan Gas Company building is located at 194 Flinders Street in the Melbourne CBD. It is opposite St Paul’s Anglican Cathedral and was designed by Reed, Smart and Taplin in the Gothic Revival Style to harmonize with the Cathedral.…

Image of a copy of a ninth-century cross in St Paul’s Anglican Cathedral, Melbourne, Victoria. The cross is on a stone plaque and is an enlarged copy of the Anglo-Saxon cross found at Canterbury in England in 1867. The original cross was on an…

An image of a small doorway on La Trobe Street to the former Magistrate’s Court Building in Melbourne’s CBD. The Former Magistrate’s Court Building is a three-storey building of French Romanesque design. The doorway is in the…

Coop’s Shot Tower was completed in 1890 by the Coop family and it operated (making lead shot) until 1960. In 1991 it was incorporated into the Melbourne Central shopping complex in central Melbourne under a conical glass roof. The 50 metre high…