Browse Items (6 total)

Christ Church Illawarra is an isolated church built on a hill near the Tasmanian town of Longford. The small bluestone building was built in 1842 by Edward Dumaresq on his property in the Gothic Revival style. The tower and asp were designed in the…

Longford Morris Dancers are a group of Morris Dancers who, although associated with the town of Longford, rehearse in the city of Launceston in Tasmania. The group perform the Cotswold and Borders (the border between Wales and England) versions of…

The small brick chapel with a shingle roof on Brickendon Estate, near Longford, is dated by its stained glass windows to the 1850s. It is in the centre of the farm village and was built for the religious observances of the farm workers and their…

The Archer family coat of arms was designed by William Henry Davies Archer (1836-1928), the second surviving son of William Archer, who established the Brickendon estate near Longford. The coat of arms was designed whilst William H.D. Archer was…

This memorial cross can be found in the churchyard of Christ Church in Longford. It is a ring-headed ‘Celtic’ style cross. The 1899 cross commemorates James Appleyard who designed the churchyard and planted its trees. Free-standing…

Christ Church is in the centre of the Tasmanian town of Longford and was designed by Launceston-based architect Robert de Little. The Anglican church was built between 1839 and 1844, with the crenellation on the tower added in 1960 (the tower was…