Browse Items (4 total)

The former St Peter’s Catholic Church is in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The foundation stone for the red brick church was laid by Monsignor Gilleran in 1918 and the building was completed in 1923. St Peter’s was designed by architect…

The Blue Place is a community hall housed in a former Presbyterian Church in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The timber church was built in 1886 on land donated by James Hadden (d. 1911), whose mother Jane had been a Presbyterian convict…

St Mary’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The foundation stone for the sandstone church was laid in 1839 and it opened in 1844. It is thought that the church was designed by the convict architect James…

The Wilmot Arms Inn is a B&B in a former coaching inn built in 1844 in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The business uses the Wilmot coat of arms, or family crest, in their advertising. The family crest consists of a late medieval helmet with…