Browse Items (11 total)

St Mark’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The ashlar stone church was built between 1839 and 1841 by Joseph Moir and the foundation stone (no longer visible) is thought to have been laid by Governor…

St Mark’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The ashlar stone church was built between 1839 and 1841 by Joseph Moir and the foundation stone (no longer visible) is thought to have been laid by Governor…

The former St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. The church is in the Romanesque Revival style and is one of the earliest remaining Romanesque Revival buildings in Australia. The style is evident in…

St Mary’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The foundation stone for the sandstone church was laid in 1839 and it opened in 1844. It is thought that the church was designed by the convict architect James…

The former St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847)…

St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847) in 1839…

The interior of St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury continues the Gothic Revival style of its exterior. The nave was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1840-02. Of…

St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) is opposite the Village Green in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. The foundation stone was laid in 1836 by Lieutenant George Arthur (1784-1854) and the sandstone brick church was first used in 1841.…