Browse Items (311 total)

This elaborate altar is in the Catholic Church of the Apostles is in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The foundation stone was laid in 1864 by Tasmania’s first catholic Bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The altar is in the sanctuary…

The Catholic Church of the Apostles is in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The foundation stone was laid in 1864 by Tasmania’s first catholic Bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The foundation stone for the tower and spire were laid by…

The Catholic Church of the Apostles is in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The foundation stone was laid in 1864 by Tasmania’s first catholic Bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The foundation stone for the tower and spire were laid by…

St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart was designed by English architect George Frederick Bodley (1827-1907) in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. The foundation stone was laid in 1868 by Prince Alfred, the Duke of Edinburgh, and the nave was…

This East Window is in St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. The window is above the altar and reredos in the Sanctuary of the Gothic Revival church. The Sanctuary was completed in 1888 and…

The Alfred Ibbott (1844-1928) memorial window is in St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church in the Tasmanian town of Bothwell. The window (on the left in the photograph) is one of two lancet windows parrallel. The figures are framed by a…

The Uniting Church in the small town of Whitemore in northern Tasmania was formally a Methodist church. The simple brick building was designed by Launceston architect Percy Oakden (1845-1917) in the Gothic Revival style with buttresses, lancet…

The interior of St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury continues the Gothic Revival style of its exterior. The nave was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1840-02. Of…