Browse Items (288 total)

This East Window is in St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. The window is above the altar and reredos in the Sanctuary of the Gothic Revival church. The Sanctuary was completed in 1888 and…

The Alfred Ibbott (1844-1928) memorial window is in St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church in the Tasmanian town of Bothwell. The window (on the left in the photograph) is one of two lancet windows parrallel. The figures are framed by a…

The Uniting Church in the small town of Whitemore in northern Tasmania was formally a Methodist church. The simple brick building was designed by Launceston architect Percy Oakden (1845-1917) in the Gothic Revival style with buttresses, lancet…

The interior of St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury continues the Gothic Revival style of its exterior. The nave was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1840-02. Of…

St Mark’s Anglican Church is in the northern Tasmanian town of Deloraine. It was designed by William Henry Clayton (1823-1877) in the Gothic Revival style, in particular ‘Decorated’ or ‘Victorian Free’ Gothic. The…

The Edward Nicholas (d. 1881) memorial window is in St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church in the Tasmanian town of Bothwell. The window consists of two lancet windows, each of which features Christ. He is framed by a representation of elaborate…

This memorial board of the ‘St Andrews Memorial Endowment Roll’ is in St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. It was carved by the Tasmanian woodcarver Ellen Nora Payne (1865-1962) of…

St Mark’s Anglican Church is in the northern Tasmanian town of Deloraine. It was designed by William Henry Clayton (1823-1877) in the Gothic Revival style, in particular ‘Decorated’ or ‘Victorian Free’ Gothic. The…