Browse Items (288 total)

Christ Church St Laurence Anglican Church is at 812 George Street in the inner-city suburb of Haymarket in Sydney, New South Wales. The foundation stone of the church was laid by William Grant Broughton (1788-1853), Australia’s first Bishop, on…

The former Mortuary Station is located behind Sydney’s Central Station in the inner-city suburb of Chippendale on Regent Street, after which it was renamed. The station was designed by James Barnet and completed in 1869. It was part of the Rookwood…

The Dragon’s Realm are both a re-enactment group and a retail store based in the northern Tasmanian city of Burnie. The store opened in 2006 and is located in the CBD in a former church built in the Gothic Revival style with buttresses and…

The red brick and stone building at 152 Elizabeth St in Sydney, New South Wales, incorporates a number of architectural styles. Most prominent of these is the medieval Romanesque style seen in the semi-circular arched windows on the second and third…

The Mowbray campus of the Launceston Church Grammar School in Launceston, Tasmanian, has a number of buildings of different eras with medieval features. These include the administration building whose foundation stone was laid by Prime Minister…

St Matthew’s Roman Catholic Church is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The sandstone church originally opened in 1876 but it has rebuilt in 1928 following a fire the previous year. It is in the Gothic Revival style with buttresses, lancet…

This (Former) Congregational Church is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The local sandstone church was opened in 1876 by Rev. J. Shiphird and replaced an earlier chapel. It is in the Gothic Revival style with buttresses, lancet windows, a…

An image of the Catholic Education Centre on Ruislip Street in West Leederville, an inner-city suburb of Perth, Western Australia. The buildings that make up the Catholic Education Centre were once known as the Home Of The Good Shepherd and were run…