Browse Items (288 total)

St Augustine’s Catholic church is in Melbourne’s CBD. It was designed by T.A. Kelly and built by Reid and Stewart. The bluestone church was completed in 1870, with an extension to the tower made in 1936 and the sacristy was added in 1965. The…

St Paul’s Anglican Cathedral is in Melbourne’s CBD. It was designed by English architect William Butterfield (1814-1900) and was consecrated in 1891, the foundation stone having been laid in 1880. The sandstone church was built in the Gothic…

This branch of the ANZ Bank is inside what is known as the ANZ Gothic Bank on the corner of Queen and Collins Streets in Melbourne, Victoria. The building was designed by William Wardell (1823-1899) and built as the English, Scottish & Australian…

St Augustine’s Catholic church is in Melbourne’s CBD. It was designed by T.A. Kelly and built by Reid and Stewart. The bluestone church was completed in 1870, with an extension to the tower made in 1936 and the sacristy was added in 1965. The…

The former Metropolitan Gas Company building is located at 194 Flinders Street in the Melbourne CBD. It is opposite St Paul’s Anglican Cathedral and was designed by Reed, Smart and Taplin in the Gothic Revival Style to harmonize with the Cathedral.…

This wooden pulpit was removed from the former Christ Church Congregational Church in Launceston, Tasmania, in 2002 (having originally been in another church building) and is now on display in the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery in Launceston.…

The current Sydney City Library building in Haymarket was built for the Commercial Banking Corporation of Sydney in 1875. The sandstone building on the corner of George and Hay Streets incorporates a number of architectural styles that can be traced…

Christ Church St Laurence Anglican Church is at 812 George Street in the inner-city suburb of Haymarket in Sydney, New South Wales. The foundation stone of the church was laid by William Grant Broughton (1788-1853), Australia’s first Bishop,…