Browse Items (6 total)

St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) is opposite the Village Green in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. The foundation stone was laid in 1836 by Lieutenant George Arthur (1784-1854) and the sandstone brick church was first used in 1841.…

St Luke’s Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. Built by the government under the direction of Lieutenant Governor George Arthur (1784-1854), St Luke’s originally held combined services for Anglicans and Presbyterians,…

St Luke’s Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. Built by the government under the direction of Lieutenant Governor George Arthur (1784-1854), St Luke’s originally held combined services for Anglicans and Presbyterians,…

St Luke’s Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. Built by the government, St Luke’s originally held combined services for Anglicans and Presbyterians, before the Anglicans built their own church in 1891. It is now a Uniting…

The foundation stone for the Convict Church at the former penal settlement of Port Arthur, Tasmania, was laid by Lieutenant Governor George Arthur (1784-1854) in 1836. The church was possibly designed by the Deputy Commissariat Officer Thomas…

The foundation stone for the Convict Church at the former penal settlement of Port Arthur, Tasmania, was laid by Lieutenant Governor George Arthur (1784-1854) in 1836. The church was possibly designed by the Deputy Commissariat Officer Thomas…