Browse Items (4 total)

Christ Church Illawarra is an isolated church built on a hill near the Tasmanian town of Longford. The small bluestone building was built in 1842 by Edward Dumaresq on his property in the Gothic Revival style. The tower and asp were designed in the…

This memorial cross can be found in the churchyard of Christ Church in Longford. It is a ring-headed ‘Celtic’ style cross. The 1899 cross commemorates James Appleyard who designed the churchyard and planted its trees. Free-standing…

Christ Church is in the centre of the Tasmanian town of Longford and was designed by Launceston-based architect Robert de Little. The Anglican church was built between 1839 and 1844, with the crenellation on the tower added in 1960 (the tower was…

Image of a copy of an eighth-century cross in St George’s Cathedral, Perth. The cross was given to the Cathedral in 1935 by the Friends of Canterbury Cathedral. The cross is on a stone plaque and is a copy of the Anglo-Saxon cross from Canterbury…